The Splitter got some love. Last year she was running a bit rough so I parked it early with plans to upgrade in the spring. I added a brand spankin new pair of Kehin flat slide carbs, electronic ignition, new coil, iridium NKG plugs, new fuel lines, fresh brushes in the alternator and I welded my headlamp a bit. I just didn't like how the Sportster lamp never seemed to be rigid enough. All I need to do now is change the oil and filter then give it a proper bath. After adding the carbs and ignition , I took it for a test spin. Much better, almost too much better. The clutch can't handle the new found power. I will address that during the next round or maybe make a centrifugal helper setup fit in there somehow.
Monday, April 14, 2014
Friday, April 11, 2014
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Discussing the finer points of isolated mounts with long bike Matt, I sketched up these diagrams. One thing I've learned is you either have to build it like a bunker or rubber mount it if you have less than 3 cylinders. I find I can lighten up everything and not worry so much if it's rubber mounted. Above are my favorite methods.