Friday, April 18, 2014

Taint splitter re-split

The Splitter got some love.  Last year she was running a bit rough so I parked it early with plans to upgrade in the spring. I added a  brand spankin new pair of Kehin flat slide carbs, electronic ignition, new coil, iridium NKG plugs, new fuel lines, fresh brushes in the alternator and I welded my headlamp a bit.  I just didn't like how the Sportster lamp never seemed to be rigid enough. All I need to do now is change the oil and filter then give it a proper bath.     After adding the carbs and ignition , I took it for a test spin.  Much better, almost too much better. The clutch can't handle the new found power.  I will address that during the next round or maybe make a centrifugal helper setup fit in there somehow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment